Trails are fantastic. The clear skies, beautiful sunny days, and ideal ski temperatures have made day skiers and our guests very happy. It couldn’t be nicer winter weather.
We will do it all again tomorrow. Come on up. Soup and chili are cooking in the lodge, the espresso machine is brewing, hot chocolate is ready to go, and wine and beer are available all day.
The folks at Golden Eagle Lodge, our partner on the Central Gunflint Trail system, just did some snow measuring. Here’s their report:
- New Snow Last 7 days: 6.25”
- Trail Base, Staked: Average 12 – 14″
- Snow in Woods, Staked: Average 25 – 27”
- Surface Conditions: Fresh groomed snow
- Last grooming day: 2-16-19
- Total season snowfall: 83.78”
- Comments: Snow accumulation has broken 80 inches on the year now! All ski trails are in excellent shape, requiring a lot of extra grooming this year to keep up with all the 2-inch snowfalls – a good problem to have! All trails were groomed again yesterday (Feb 15) and the groomers are back out again this morning to freshen things back up. Temperatures look very comfortable this weekend and into next week with most days in the mid-teens. Excellent skiing weather and trail conditions right now!
Here’s our weather forecast for the coming week:
The rest of the week looks like the pattern of pleasant days will continue. Consider making a last minute plan to enjoy our ideal conditions. Availability is a bit limited from now through March 10, but call our front desk and we will work with you to find your perfect stay. We are transitioning to a new provider for our online reservations and the stop-gap system in place for the next few days is mediocre. Give us a call for the fastest assistance during this transition time.